Cahokia Car Accident Attorneys
Experienced legal help after a vehicle accident in Illinois
We understand that a car accident can be a life-altering event, bringing physical, emotional, and financial challenges. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
At Glisson Law, we understand the challenges you are facing after a car accident. Our Cahokia car accident attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve. We will fight for your rights and ensure that you are treated fairly. We have more than 25 years of experience helping people just like you, including securing a substantial $1.6 million settlement for a family involved in a motor vehicle accident caused by a driver running a stop sign. Talk to us today.
How can we help?
- What types of car accident claims does your Cahokia law firm handle?
- Why do car accidents happen?
- Who is liable for my Cahokia car accident?
- What are common car accident injuries?
- What is the value of my Cahokia car accident claim?
- How long do I have to file my Cahokia car accident claim?
- Do you have a car accident attorney near me?
What types of car accident claims does your Cahokia law firm handle?
Here in Illinois in 2021, there were 295,604 car accidents, with 1,217 of them fatal. These accidents also caused 60,991 injuries. At Glisson Law, we handle a wide variety of car accidents, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Multi-vehicle pileups
- Distracted driving accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist claims
- Intersection accidents
- Highway accidents
- Accidents involving commercial vehicles
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
Our experienced legal team is dedicated to helping you navigate the complexities of car accident claims and seeking fair compensation for your injuries, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you've been involved in a car accident in Cahokia, don't hesitate to reach out to us for expert legal assistance tailored to your specific circumstances.
Why do car accidents happen?
Car accidents happen for many reasons, but some of the most common causes include:
- Driver error. This is the leading cause of car accidents. Driver error can include things like speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and failing to yield the right of way.
- Mechanical failure. Mechanical failure can also cause car accidents. These failures can be caused by things like faulty brakes, tires, or steering.
- Weather conditions. Bad weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or fog, can also contribute to car accidents. These conditions can make it difficult to see and drive safely.
- Road hazards. Road hazards, such as potholes, debris, or construction zones, can also cause car accidents. Drivers may not be able to see or avoid these hazards in time.
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving is any activity that takes your attention away from the road. This includes things like talking on the phone, texting, eating, or grooming. Distracted driving is a major cause of car accidents, and it is illegal in many states.
It is important to be aware of the common causes of car accidents so that you can take steps to avoid them. You can also help to prevent car accidents by being a safe and responsible driver.
Who is liable for my Cahokia car accident?
The liability for a car accident depends on the specific facts of the case. In most cases, the driver who is at fault for the accident will be liable for the damages. However, there are some exceptions to this rule.
For example, if the accident was caused by a mechanical failure, the owner of the car may be liable, even if the driver was not at fault. Similarly, if the accident was caused by a road hazard, the government entity responsible for maintaining the road may be liable.
In some cases, more than one person may be liable for a car accident. This is known as comparative negligence. In these cases, the court will assign a percentage of fault to each party involved in the accident. The amount of damages that each party is responsible for will be determined by their percentage of fault. Our attorneys work to prove that you held no fault in the accident.
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to speak to an attorney to discuss your legal rights and options. Your Cahokia car accident attorney can help you determine who is liable for your accident and can help you file a claim for damages.
What are common car accident injuries?
The most common car accident injuries are:
- Head and brain injuries. Head injuries are the most serious type of car accident injury and can lead to death or long-term disability. Head injuries can be caused by a blow to the head, such as from a car accident, or by a sudden deceleration, such as from a whiplash injury.
- Neck injuries. Neck injuries, also called whiplash, are caused by a sudden back-and-forth motion of the head and neck. Whiplash can cause pain, stiffness, and headaches. In severe cases, it can lead to permanent damage to the neck muscles and ligaments.
- Back injuries. Back injuries are also common in car accidents. They can be caused by a sudden impact, such as from a rear-end collision, or by a sudden movement, such as from a rollover accident. Back injuries can cause pain, stiffness, and difficulty moving. In severe cases, they can lead to permanent disability.
- Wrist and arm injuries. Wrist and arm injuries are also common in car accidents. They can be caused by a sudden impact, such as from a side-impact collision, or by being thrown from the vehicle. Wrist and arm injuries can cause pain, swelling, and difficulty using the arm. In severe cases, they can lead to broken bones or nerve damage.
- Leg injuries. Leg injuries are also common in car accidents. They can be caused by a sudden impact, such as from a head-on collision, or by being thrown from the vehicle. Leg injuries can cause pain, swelling, and difficulty walking. In severe cases, they can lead to broken bones or nerve damage.
- Chest injuries. Chest injuries are less common than other types of car accident injuries, but they can be serious. Chest injuries can be caused by a sudden impact, such as from a side-impact collision, or by the airbag deploying. Chest injuries can cause pain, bruising, and difficulty breathing. In severe cases, they can lead to heart or lung problems.
- Pelvic injuries. Pelvic injuries are also less common than other types of car accident injuries, but they can be serious. Pelvic injuries can be caused by a sudden impact, such as from a head-on collision, or by the airbag deploying. Pelvic injuries can cause pain, bruising, and difficulty walking. In severe cases, they can lead to internal bleeding or organ damage.
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. The sooner you are treated, the better your chances of recovery. You should also speak to an attorney to discuss your legal rights and options. An attorney can help you determine who is liable for your accident and can help you file a claim for damages.
What is the value of my Cahokia car accident claim?
The value of a car accident claim can vary widely depending on the specific facts of the case. However, there are some general factors that can affect the value of a claim, including:
- The severity of the injuries
- The cost of medical expenses
- The amount of lost wages
- The pain and suffering
- The emotional distress
- The disability suffered
- The loss of earning capacity
- The property damage
- The liability of the other party
Our attorneys are happy to speak to you about the value of you claim in a free consultation.
How long do I have to file my Cahokia car accident claim?
In Illinois, you have up to two years after the accident occurs to bring a claim. However, if you miss this deadline, your claim will be barred from compensation. It is important to have a skilled attorney on your side to ensure you don’t miss any deadlines.
Do you have a car accident attorney near me?
Glisson Law is located at 111 East Fourth Street, Suite 400, in Alton, IL. We’re only a block away from City Hall, and there is plenty of parking across the street. There’s also a bus stop right outside our office. Glisson Law conducts phone and video conferences when applicable, and makes home and hospital visits if you cannot travel to us.
Cahokia, Illinois car accident attorneys on your side
If you've been involved in a car accident, don't try to navigate the legal process alone. Our experienced car accident attorneys are here to advocate for your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. We understand the challenges you face in the aftermath of a collision — medical bills, lost wages, pain, and emotional distress. The dedicated team at Glisson Law in Cahokia will tirelessly investigate your case, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and, if necessary, fight for your rights in court. Let us handle the legal process so you can focus on your recovery. To schedule a free consultation with an experienced lawyer at Glisson Law in Cahokia, call or fill out our contact form.