Carlinville Personal Injury Attorneys
Helping the injured throughout Illinois
An accident can change your life forever. You may be left with long-lasting injuries that keep you out of work, with medical expenses piling up every day. When this accident wasn’t your fault, you are eligible to seek compensation from the negligent party – compensation for your bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
The personal injury attorneys at Glisson Law know how to hold the right parties responsible when you’re injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault. We have over 25 years of experience helping the people of Carlinville secure compensation for their injuries and losses. Our lawyers can launch an investigation into your accident, show how it happened, and hold the liable parties responsible. Over the past two decades, our attorneys have secured a variety of multi-million dollar results for many of our clients. We can help you, too.
How can we help?
- What types of accident claims do your Carlinville attorneys handle?
- What types of Carlinville personal injury cases do you handle?
- How do you work to show a defendant is liable for my injuries?
- What is my Carlinville personal injury claim worth?
- When am I supposed to I file my Illinois personal injury claim?
- Do you have a personal injury attorney near me?
What types of accident claims do your Carlinville attorneys handle?
Our experienced personal injury attorneys know how to handle a variety of personal injuries and accidents. These include:
With Routes 108 and 4 cutting right through Carlinville, the risk for vehicle accidents is high. We represent drivers, passengers, bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorcyclists when they’re injured in accidents like:
- Car accidents. We handle all types of Carlinville car accidents. This includes rear-end crashes, head-on collisions, single-vehicle accidents, Uber & Lyft accidents, and the like.
- Truck accidents. We also handle truck crashes, including underride accidents, rollovers, blind spot accidents, and cargo spills.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders are at an extra risk on the road due to a motorcycle’s inherent lack of protection. Our attorneys handle all accidents caused by negligent drivers, as well as those caused by defective motorcycles and parts.
- Bicycle accidents. Bicyclists have a similar risk to motorcyclists, in that their vehicle provides very little protection against accidents. We can help when a cyclist is injured in an accident that wasn’t their fault.
- Pedestrian accidents. When pedestrians are struck by cars or trucks, no matter where that accident happens, our attorneys are here to help. We can help bring a claim against the at-fault driver.
- Boating accidents. Our Carlinville attorneys also handle all kind of boating accidents that can occur when an operator acts in a negligent manner and causes a crash.
We also understand the types of claims to bring when property owners or others fail to follow basic safety procedures. Our attorneys will handle the following types of claim on your behalf:
- Wrongful death claims. If someone’s negligence causes the death of a loved one, we file a wrongful death claim on your behalf, seeking all the compensation Illinois law permits.
- Premises liability accidents. Property owners have a duty of care to maintain safe premises for their customers and visitors. If you were injured in a slip and fall, swimming pool accident, or assaulted due to negligent security, our attorneys bring a claim on your behalf.
- Product defects. Product manufacturers also owe their customers a duty of care to sell products that are safe for use. Our Carlinville attorneys handle cases involved defective vehicle parts, electronics, children’s products, household appliances, and many other similar claims.
- Medical malpractice. Our lawyers also represent patients harmed by all types of medical negligence, including misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, medication errors, surgical errors, birth injuries, and other types of medical malpractice.
- Nursing home neglect. If a loved one has suffered injuries, abuse, or neglect in a nursing home, we will protect their rights to compensation. This includes physical, emotional, financial, and sexual abuse in a nursing home.
What types of Carlinville personal injury cases do you handle?
At Glisson Law, we represent clients with serious and catastrophic personal injuries. We investigate your accident and speak with your doctors, learning the full scope of your injuries and how they will affect you for weeks, months, years, or even a lifetime. We handle injuries like:
- Hearing and vision loss
- Nerve damage
- Children’s injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
How do you work to show a defendant is liable for my injuries?
Our Carlinville personal injury attorneys handle all aspects of your personal injury claim. We will:
- Investigate how your accident happened, including talking with police, reviewing reports, and interviewing eyewitnesses.
- Conduct discovery, which means questioning defendants and anyone with information about your accidents. This includes submitting written questions and reviewing all pertinent evidence. Evidence typically includes things like police reports, videos, smartphone data, electronic logs, and black box data.
- Work with expert witnesses – product safety experts, traffic reconstruction experts, medical professionals – and others to strengthen your case.
- Review all federal, Illinois, and local laws as they pertain to your case.
- Prepare a formal demand letter for defendants.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- If negotiations are unsuccessful, we will try your case in front of a jury.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may file claims against more than one defendant.
When am I supposed to I file my Illinois personal injury claim?
The statute of limitations in Illinois gives you two years from the date of the action to file a claim. However, exceptions may apply, which is why it’s so important to work with a Carlinville attorney as soon as possible after your accident. We will ensure all deadlines are met.
Do you have a personal injury attorney near me?
Glisson Law is located at 111 East Fourth Street, Suite 400, in Alton, IL. We’re only a block away from City Hall, and there is plenty of parking across the street. There’s also a bus stop right outside our office. Glisson Law conducts phone and video conferences when applicable, and makes home and hospital visits if you cannot travel to us.
Skilled personal injury attorneys serving Carlinville, Illinois
Were you or a loved one injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault? Talk to the experienced Carlinville lawyers at Glisson Law today. We can help. And, our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis for personal injury, which means we only get paid when you do. To find out how we can help you, call or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation.