10 Tips to Decrease Boating Accidents
Our previous blog gave the top 11 causes of a boating accident. Next, we wanted to give tips on how to avoid those problems
It is extremely important that whoever is manning a boat knows the proper information on how to boat safely. Everyone on board needs to be aware of the safety precautions that need to be taken.
Here are our top ten tips on how to stay safe and avoid a boating accident:
- Don’t drink while boating
- Stay at an appropriate speed
- Stay informed of the weather
- Make sure there is proper safety equipment and that it is maintained
- Taking a boating course
- Have a plan
- Don’t overload your boat
- Wear a life jacket
- Be confident in your swimming abilities
- Know the boat
These tips will dramatically decrease the risk of a boating accident.
Follow them to ensure a fun but safe vacation! Happy Spring Break!