Distracted driving is anything done that takes your attention off of driving or the road. Many drivers don’t realize how much of an impact it makes taking your eyes off the road for even a second.
Centers for Disease Contorl and Prevention stated that, “When you send or read a text message, you take your eyes off the road for about 5 seconds, long enough to cover the length a football field while driving at 55 mph”.
We wanted to share common distractions so that drivers are made aware and can consciously change their habits of distracted driving.
Here are the top ten distractions posted by Arlington Toyota:
- “Generally distracted or ‘lost in thought’
- Cell phone use
- Outside person, object or event
- Other occupants
- Using a device brought into the car
- Eating or drinking
- Adjusting audio or climate controls
- Using devices or controls to operate the vehicle
- Moving objects